BAYREUTH FESTIVAL 2024 TICKET ORDERS!
Register Your Request for 2024 Bayreuth Tickets Now!
Register your interest by 11/1/2023.
The Wagner Society of Washington DC is pleased to open registration, putting you in line for access to tickets to the 2024 Bayreuth Festival.
We plan to make available a package of tickets for performances from Tuesday, August 20, 2024, through Monday, August 26, 2024, including performances of seven operas:
- A new production of Tristan und Isolde by Thorleifur Örn Arnarsson and conducted by Semyon Bychkov, with Andreas Schager and Camilla Nylund.
- The Jay Scheib Parsifal, premiered last year, with Pablo Heras-Casado conducting, and featuring Andreas Schager, Ekatarina Gubanova, Georg Zeppenfeld and Derek Welton.
- The much acclaimed Tobias Kratzer Tannhäuser, conducted by Nathalie Stutzmann and featuring Klaus Florian Vogt.
- The complete Valentin Schwarz Ring cycle, conducted by Philippe Jordan, and featuring Tomasz Konieczny’s acclaimed Wotan, Catherine Foster, Michael Spyres, Klaus Florian Vogt, and Olafur Sigurdarson, among others.
This past year, tickets to the non-Ring operas were particularly difficult to secure. This year, the festival is offering two instead of its typical three Ring cycles, so competition for tickets is anticipated to be intense. In 2023, WSWDC was able to secure all requested tickets and fulfill orders from all interested members. We cannot guarantee the same success this year, but through the society’s partnership with the Friends of Bayreuth and International Congress of Richard Wagner Societies we are confident about our ticket allocation request.
Why secure your Bayreuth tickets through the Wagner Society of Washington DC?
- This package allows for seven productions over seven days, with no gap days requiring an extended stay.
- This past year, WSWDC members enjoyed the best seating in the house.
- Uncomfortable about travel to an unfamiliar destination?
o We will again be seeking to have all WSWDC members seated together with ample opportunities to connect and interact if they wish.
o A pre-travel briefing will be held to allow all WSWDC attendees to meet each other and provide tips on travel arrangements prior to the festival.
If you would like to be considered for tickets, we need you to register your interest now.
Please do so no later than November 1, 2023, by completing the form here.
This is registration is not binding upon you. You will not be asked for a firm commitment until specific tickets can be offered to you. However, the date of your registration may impact our ability to fulfill your wishes.
Once our allocation of tickets is finalized, orders will be filled in the order of registration, with priority given based on years in membership in the Wagner Society of Washington DC, and level of support.
Please respond today to maximize your chances of making your dream of attending the Bayreuth Festival a reality.
The Fine Print:
We cannot guarantee ticket availability until the festival box office completes the society’s order. (We anticipate confirmation of our order from the box office as early as November.)
Firm pricing cannot be quoted until the festival box office completes the society’s order. Based on the currency exchange rate at the time of this notice and depending on the seating areas assigned by Bayreuth, the seven-opera package could be as low as $1,889 (US) or as high as $3,027 (US). We have requested prime seating in Section A1.
[This pricing includes a 15% surcharge as has charged in prior years, and which does not cover the expenses undertaken by the WSWDC to make these tickets available to our members.]
Membership in the Wagner Society of Washington DC is required to secure tickets through this offer. If you are not already a member, we urge you to join now. Qualifying new memberships will be accepted up until firm orders can be placed. Members at the Patron Level and above will be given preference in ticket assignments .
The offer is for a seven-ticket package. Single opera requests cannot be accepted at this time. The bundle was designed specifically to allow you see the most operas in the shortest duration of stay.
Your registration is non-binding. However, it is necessary for you register to secure your place in line before specific ticket offers can be made to you.